Monday, December 23, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I LOVE Christmas time! I know that's pretty common, but what's not to love?? It's especially fun because it's our first Christmas being married! So double the fun! Here are some of the things we've been doing leading up to our Christmas celebration!

Tyler and I were in charge of fluffing the tree.  Those things can be vicious. ;)


The Guys have a tradition of recording the tree decorating process.  Here was the set up for the event.  It was serious business. Dad G had his camera set up on the tripod and Tyler had his phone hanging up from the ceiling. Tyler made a pretty fun video from it...maybe I'll try and get him to add it later. 

Momma G got us this BEAUTIFUL ornament for our first Christmas. I love it!!! 


Shutterfly had a deal for 10 free Christmas cards, so I decided to pull something together really fast and just get 10.  They turned out so cute, I kind of wish we had ordered more!! I feel weird sending Christmas cards though since we don't have kids yet.  When is it normal to start sending out Christmas cards?? I don't feel old enough to be doing my own, but I guess once you get married that's normal?! 

Tyler's haul this year :) (Some are from me and some are from my presents. He's a lucky boy ;) ) 

Cute reindeer corn dog at CostCo. I didn't want a corndog, but how could I resist!! 


There is an accapela (how do you spell that??) group called Straight No Chasers that Tyler really likes.  He found out they were doing a concert in Cincinnati, so he was determined to have us go. He can be very convincing :) So the whole family went to Cincinnati and we watched the concert together.  It was super fun! They put on a great concert! Great idea Tyler! :) 

We got a lot of snow two weeks before Christmas and had a snow day and two school delay days! It was a great way to celebrate! Although there were some days we didn't have snow days that we should have! The roads were pretty bad! The problems of commuting I guess :/

The mall is pretty fun this time of year because of the music! They had a live band playing one day! SO fun! 

Tyler and I both got a bit of a cold for a couple days, but it wasn't too bad.  At least Clark enjoyed my drainage control method :) 

One of my students got me some festive Christmas nail polish! 

Making the Guy's traditional Christmas fudge! 

This was the gift I made for my co-workers.  A crocheted dish cloth, Joy dish soap, and a little poem that said 
"Merry Christmas and Joy from us to you,
With our love and good wishes!
From the Guys made by hand just to help with your dishes!" 



Trey, Tyler and I went shopping for some last minute presents.  It was a fun little outing! Trey is a pretty cool kid. :) 

Tyler loves finding houses that are decked out in Christmas lights.  Here was one he found in the neighborhood. 

I got spoiled by my students!!! Such generous families!! I feel so blessed! 

Daddy G's famous cookies! Super yummy! 

I love watching Christmas movies with my hubby! 

Of course the real reason for the season is the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I have had a couple opportunities to go out with the missionaries this month, and it makes me feel so grateful for the amazing gift of the gospel in my life!! That is the best present of all!!! Here is my favorite Christmas video from this year: 
 http://www.mormonchannel.org/christmas-videos?v=2919740155001 

I just love Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally have sent a Christmas card since the first Christmas we were married! Those ones you made are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete