Thursday, September 18, 2014

Back in the Routine

We're starting to settle into a routine around here, so not a ton of exciting blogging material, but I'll come up with something, don't you worry! Our daily routine looks something like this: Usually I wake up and go to school (SO stinkin early...) come home for a quick lunch, then switch schools.  I'll come home and take a nap sometimes and work out sometimes, then Tyler and I will make dinner together and we'll spend the evening working on homework/ lesson planning or go to mutual or a meeting etc. It's nice to have a routine, but waking up so early is killin' me.  I try to go to bed fairly early so Tyler and I hardly ever go to bed at the same time because he's so busy and he's a night owl.  So that's our life right now! Pretty dang exciting. :) 

But in between all our workings and schoolings, we do manage to do some other stuff which is documented by my phone. (Isn't it great having a pretty good camera with you all the time?? I mean I'm used to having a camera with me all the time because I'm a picture-aholic, but it can be a pain sometimes.  Technology is just great!!) 

For mutual one night we visited one of our ward members who lives in a nursing home.  It was really great and the girls were really sweet. 
We also had an "etiquette" night where we brought food and learned about dining tips.  I was one of the judges and there was a lot of really good food! One of my young women had to lick her caramel apple though, because of her braces! Middle School Problems :) Hahaha
We've had a lot of foggy mornings lately! It makes driving to work kind of eerie! 

But we've also had some beautiful skies too, so I guess it all evens out. 



 So about a week ago, we had a pretty eventful night. I went to bed and a few minutes later heard this howling noise that sounded like a wolf or coyote, so I called Tyler to come listen.  He went and looked outside and it turned out to be a skunk!! What the heck! I had no idea skunks made those noises. So weird!
THEN I fell asleep.  But I had to wake up to go to the bathroom and Tyler stopped me afterward and asked "Have you eaten butter in the last three days??? If you have you probably need to go to the hospital!" I was very much incoherent and was so confused what he was talking about.  "We have mice and they've been eating the butter!" Ew.  (B-T-dubs, I had eaten butter but the butter did not have little bite marks taken out of it and there was not poop on the butter plate like there was when he found it. So I did not go to the hospital. And I'm not dead yet. ;) The next morning I woke up to my kitchen looking like this: 


Tyler put flour all over the floor to find out where the mice where coming it. Pretty sneaky EXCEPT for the fact that apparently mice like to eat flour. What?? So we mopped up most of it but left some AND they ate it. So not so sneaky after all I guess. Long story short, a few days later after some serious stressing and hunting, we caught a mouse.  We're hoping it's the only one but we've still got some traps out just in case! Don't mess with these Guys little mousies! 


 We also had the city come by and cut down a ton of branches and weeds in our backyard.  Kind of sad a. because they're cutting down trees and b. (mostly b) they took away our privacy forest! Now we can see our back neighbors.  Bummer. Grow back little trees! We need to invest in some blinds for our back windows now....

 We also had a date night going to the temple! My favorite!! We stopped at Panera before for dinner for some DELICIOUS autumn squash soup, and McDonalds for my hubby who is not so fond of Panera for some unknown reason. He calls it the "Starbucks of Soup" hahaha. 
Anyway, when we were going through the drive-through at McDonalds, I debated about getting a dipped cone or apple pie, but I decided not to. (really I just wanted to wait till after the temple, but we'll say I decided not to get one) But when we pulled through the lady asked if we wanted a free chocolate dip cone! Blessings of going to the temple? I think so! ;)  

Driving home, we got stuck in some serious traffic.  And we were so close to home! It took us like 45 minutes to go 1/2 a mile. It was pretty annoying.  Stopped traffic drives me crazy!! 

This was when we finally got close enough to an exit! We took that exit like nobody's business! ;) The traffic kept going way beyond where we got off though! Glad we didn't have to keep waiting in it! 

 I also went on a social media split with the sisters one Saturday.  I basically followed them around to take pictures and post them on social media to try and get "mormons" trending in our area! It was pretty fun! They made muffins for some of their investigators. 









I came back later that night to take pictures of their planning time. 


Go Sister Missionaries! 

I also got a haircut from the fabulous Ashley Astin! About this time of year I always get a haircut and go short. This year I decided to try and grow my hair out and just get a trim to help the process along.  She did an amazing job and I really like how it turned out! 
This was a during pic, Ashley had my hair teased out and it looked kind of funny :) 


 This was kind of what I was going for- nailed it! 

The day after is the real test, to see if I can make it look any good. I think it's a winner!  Now I just have to resist cutting it short for another year or so....



And last but not least, I finally got breakfast for dinner!! WAHOO! Tyler does not like breakfast for dinner (who is he???) but I LOVE it!! SO I finally convinced him to have it (kind of tricked him, he thought we were having breakfast for breakfast, silly boy. Breakfast is for cereal. Dinner is for pancakes and eggs. :) ) Anyway, it turned out really good and I think I might be able to convince him to do it again! I think he mostly liked it because he got to cook the bacon and potatoes on his grill, but I'll take it! He's been making all kinds of yummy dinners on the grill.  I love it! But not as much as I love him!! :) 



So there you have it! The life of Guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment