Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring is springing!

After such a long, cold, snowy winter, this spring is making me so happy!! Everything is so lovely and I can finally go outside again! YAY! SO here's a spring smorgasbord! (And now I know how to spell smorgasbord....) 

Here's our first Easter together. Technically it was the Friday before Easter, but we look very Easter-y and match-y and cute, so it's going up! Our Stake had an Easter concert that we went to and it was great! 

The sunset after the concert


Just some fun candy art. 

Posing with the Phlox since I was matching :) 

Our Easter setting...I should have taken a picture of the whole spread! So much yummy food! 

We made another stop at Cox Arboretum. We love that place! It's so lovely! 






Tyler snagged this shot and I have been using it as my wallpaper and I love it!! It's so lovely! 


My awesome hubby started a new job! Woot woot! I am so proud of him! He is working for a research lab doing their website development and maintanence. 


Another sign spring has come! Beautiful blossoms on trees! 


This fun mural at our school also feels very spring-y! 


I made tortellini bianco for dinner one night to use up some leftover ham.  It turned out really yummy! Thanks Melanie for having such an awesome blog to help me feed my family! :) 


The last weekend in April we went up to Columbus to babysit Clark for the day while Elizabeth and Andrew did their workly duties :) We sure have fun with that cute little guy! 


The sky was so pretty driving there! 

Clark was pretty happy to see us! 

While he was eating his cheese, he held it up to me and said "I"! He is so good at his letters! 

Lots of slides as usual.  The boy loves a good slide. 

Driving around we saw this crazy accident! The entire top of this car is gone! How did that happen??? 


Tyler was a good sport and took a break from studying for finals to watch Clark while I went to the temple.  I love to see and go to the temple! <3 

The last order of the day was a ward party Elizabeth was in charge of taking pictures at. We stuck around to watch Clark so she could do the picture taking.  We decided to jump in and take a few and they turned out really fun! (Don't mind my crazy nap/wind blown/oily hair.  Just look at Clark's cute face, mk?) 



My hubby loves Ohio for sure. 




And to top off the day we enjoyed some Panda Express since they don't have any in Dayton.  And kind of some pre-anniversary celebration since we had Panda Express the day we got married. Nothing says love like orange chicken. 

Just me and my love enjoying a PERFECT weather day and the lovely spring blossoms! 

We got released from our nursery callings this last Sunday and we had lots of mixed emotions.  Nursery can be a kind of tough calling, mostly since you miss out on a lot of things going on in the ward, but we LOVED the cute kids we got to play with every week! We will miss them so much! It's also exciting because it means we're closer to moving into our new house and our new ward! Again mixed emotions, since there are so many wonderful people in our current ward, but we are excited for this new phase of life! Hopefully we'll be moving in the next week or so! 



On an unrelated note- I am always torn on where to put captions for pictures- above the corresponding pictures or below??? Decisions decisions.  Is there some sort of picture etiquette I don't know about? In the meantime I just do both....  

1 comment:

  1. I always post BEFORE the picture when blogging! thank you so much for loving miss metta like your own! we are really going to miss you guys. I think metta is going ot be so confused when you aren't there!!

    ReplyDelete