Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tyler's Birthday Celebrations!

I love birthdays! I'm not very good at celebrating things, but I like trying to make people feel special.  Being on a limited budget and busy with school and work, we didn't do anything big but we had lots of small parties. 


We started off the weekend before by celebrating with a gift card we got for Christmas to Texas Roadhouse.  We love eating there, especially the delicious rolls!!! We were stuffed to the brim! Thanks again Kristen for the gift card! 


Then we celebrated two days before because we had a snow day! Wahoo! We went to Tyler's favorite restaurant BD's Mongolian grill.  He was one happy boy. Then we stopped by a local cupcake shop to try it out.  They had a buy 2 get 2 free deal! Score! They were super rich, but yummy! 

Opening presents from MomE

I made him this card.  I don't super love how it turned out, mostly I don't like the background color. But I had fun making it. 

The birthday boy on his actual birthday! Off to work hard at school! 

I made him his birthday dinner, honey and lime chicken enchiladas. 


And I made him a "special" birthday cake.  hahahahaha. It makes me laugh every time I look at it. Oh man.  It just crumbled when I tried to take it out of the pan and then the frosting just made it worse.  I guess it can only go up from here! Hopefully my celebrating and cake making skills will only get better from here! 
Happy Birthday Tyler! I'm so glad you were born! Love you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment